The world wide web can often help you solve most problems, but is there something else bugging you? Maybe it’s the tiny insects you find sneaking in and around your home? Your local pest control company can help your bug fears disappear. However, not all of them can be solved with a simple extermination. If you’re creeped out by creepy crawlers, you might relate to some of these pest phobias.
- The fear of cockroaches is known also as katsaridaphobia, and we don’t blame you. This phobia is an extreme anxiety caused by roaches and often varies from person to person. Whether it’s a photograph or actual cockroach, katsaridaphobia can cause an individual to experience rapid heartbeat, difficulty breathing or dizziness.
- The fear of ants is recognized as myrmecophobia and can occur at any point during a person’s life. These insects are smart, and if you’ve seen Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, you know they’re scary. Keep your floors and countertops clean and these pests will stay out of your way.
- The fear of spiders is arachnophobia. You might recognize this one, as these creatures are known for their size and many legs. This phobia is also the oldest and most common in Western culture, so rest assured – you’re not alone.
- The fear of crickets is orthopterophobia. While they’re relatively small, these shiny, black and crunchy insects can appear to come out of nowhere. To get rid of these little guys you can set baits, use bug spray or call your local pest control company.
- The fear of wasps is also known as spheksophobia. This isn’t too shocking. If you’ve ever been stung by a wasp, you know the pain. The scariest part is that, unlike bees, wasps do not leave their stinger behind – often stinging their victim over and over. Ouch!
Bugs are scary, there’s no denying it. If you think you might have a bug infestation or you have questions to ask, call Apple Pest Control today and we can guide you to find the right bug-free solution.